New games I wish were worth getting...
Ok, another game, I wish was more "worth it" -- is The Elder Scrolls Online. I've been a huge fan of the previous works. I jumped into it with Morrowind, then went back and picked up Daggerfall and Arena. I have over 500 hours into playing about a dozen characters on Skyrim.

I just can't justify to myself the cost of the TES online (60$, or $80 for imperial), plus modest monthly subscription fees (15$). From what I've heard from reviews, the on-line game becomes fairly linear -- something anathema to previous TES games. I guess if you would enjoy it to play a few characters (three factions) from 1-50 , then it might be worth it, if not still on the slightly expensive side. Here is the consensus of Metacritic; http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-el...lls-online

Maybe I'm just old school. But, if you're a huge RPG fan wouldn't you first exhaust all the fun you could from known winners like 'The Legend of Grimrock, plus The Legend of Grimrock II" bundled for $30 bucks?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New games I wish were worth getting... - by kandrathe - 10-27-2014, 03:39 PM