New games I wish were worth getting...
Darn it! When will I learn to not read threads like this? Two more games on my wishlist, waiting for sales, so I can spend money I don't have. Huh

(10-30-2014, 12:40 AM)Taem Wrote: Gauntlet Remake

Legend of Grimrock II

"Wizard needs food badly" I spent so many quarters, while enjoying "electronic lunches", on the original Gauntlet. The option to feed more quarters, to continue from where you were, was a brilliant money maker. The only video game that rivaled it in capturing my coins was the original Darius side scroller with the 3 screen cabinet. This remake looks great and just 12 levels doesn't even deter me. After all, 4 classes times 12 levels is kinda like 48 levels. Wink

LoG2 is also a huge draw. I started my long addiction to gaming with the original Wizardry, played on an Apple II+ (with a green screen monitor) that I bought just to play it and other games to come. Probably many dozens of dungeon crawls later, the mapping (drawn by hand on quad ruled paper in the early games) is still a massive draw for me. I played LoG and think I found and solved everything... except the stupid door in the spitting face room on level 7(?). I could never get all the way through the lightning ball catch sequence to get the door to open. From what I had read, I almost got it but never quite completed it.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Messages In This Thread
RE: New games I wish were worth getting... - by LochnarITB - 10-30-2014, 04:16 AM