Hunter Druid
Heiho,

Quote:Hunter Druids have been some of my favourite characters. :) I found them a bit difficult/tedious in the latter sections of Hell for soloing, due to the lack of significant elemental damage.

I'm aware of that :-)
The better side is, /players x makes the monsters stronger, and maybe it adds a tad to population seed, but it's by no means the population seed you'd get in a game with six actual players participating. And clearing the maps completely means you'll have almost anytime enough space to retreat - even with worst case of running ahead, tp-ing and walking the way again from last WP.
Last resort is of course to reduce /players x, and use an IthElEth pole with the hireling.

Quote:But throwing axes garner significant style points, even if you have to run with eight of your inventory slots used by the spares needed to swap in the field.

nothing more annoyant* than having to retreat from an otherwise balanced battle just because of lack of ammo. That's why there'll be a shooting or refilling weapon in alternate slot. Highly doubtable that there'd happen to come several sets of sufficient axes along ;-P
Quote:*sets out a bowl of peanuts, in case you feel the need to throw things at the screen while you read*
much appreciated, though at the moment I could murder a curry ... :-)

Quote:On b.net ladder, the runeword harmony would be quite a boon to this build and somewhat reasonable to get. Not only does it have elemental damage to help with PIs, but it may let you add some summons.

it's only a flag in a spreadsheet editor to switch. But again, I'm afraid I start this and end up with cube recipes granting me a blizzard cannon and any other equip imaginable. Why bothering with Harmony when I could use any item and any property on items as well with just adding some lines to CubeMain ...
Using stuff the Zon found on her way is one thing, and probably I'll stretch it to using her near 80 cLvl for doing some gambling and some crafting, but that's it.

Quote:That's quite an odd image that I got from reading that. ;)

Heh, this time it was intended ...
Every now and then I can't resist to translate a metaphor directly just for the fun of seeing it written in English :c)

* well, except of dying. Or bad drops. Or stupid pets/hirelings. Or some other stuff I might've forgotten
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB

Messages In This Thread
Hunter Druid - by librarian - 09-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Hunter Druid - by ShadowHM - 09-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Hunter Druid - by Archon_Wing - 09-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Hunter Druid - by librarian - 09-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Hunter Druid - by Hammerskjold - 09-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Hunter Druid - by librarian - 09-10-2008, 06:29 PM