Hunter Druid
re: leech not working for hireling in SP 1.11 and 1.12.

I tried this and while the red swirl animation did show, my barbarian hireling didn't seem to gain any life from his blood helm. I didn't do a super scientific test, and I didn't do hundreds of thousands of gajillions tests, and I don't have the ability to look at the code.

But it does seem like your confirmation is right. If it is, I gotta say for me this is a very
unwelcomed bug\feature for SP.

Quote:it's only a flag in a spreadsheet editor to switch. But again, I'm afraid I start this and end up with cube recipes granting me a blizzard cannon and any other equip imaginable. Why bothering with Harmony when I could use any item and any property on items as well with just adding some lines to CubeMain ...

I have the runeword txt mod on my SP game, and I personally haven't felt the need or 'temptation' to go any more than that.

Then again, having used the cube mod (obviously only in SP setting where I can't negatively affect others) to test out various builds that ranged from using minimal gear, to affordable and realistic gear to absolutely ridicilous stupidly expensive gear, my curiousity is I'd say, permanently satisified.

Not to mention I really don't like how bliz treated SP for D2 like a red headed stepchild at times, eg: "the 'real' game is online". I sort of understand their angle, but I don't like it much. But YMMV and all that.

(And if I had any skills to make significant changes to the code or mod the standard game. I'd probably be more inclined to make different styled changes simply due to my own bias.

Setting aside if it's even technically possible, I'd be inclined to do something like include a built in crushing blow variables to all blunt weapons. Do away with the rarity=quality mentality and go back to something more like D1. Missile weapons would take distance into account for their accuracy check. De-emphasize gear dependence by buffing skill sets and using a rock paper scissor model for gear instead of garbage-good-godly, but most important of all.

All Zombies, all the time!:lol:)

Messages In This Thread
Hunter Druid - by librarian - 09-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Hunter Druid - by ShadowHM - 09-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Hunter Druid - by Archon_Wing - 09-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Hunter Druid - by librarian - 09-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Hunter Druid - by Hammerskjold - 09-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Hunter Druid - by librarian - 09-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Hunter Druid - by Hammerskjold - 09-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Hunter Druid - by librarian - 09-11-2008, 06:48 PM
RE: Hunter Druid - by bradsimon - 03-24-2011, 03:35 AM