Hunter Druid
Heiho,

Quote:re: leech not working for hireling in SP 1.11 and 1.12.

I tried this and while the red swirl animation did show, my barbarian hireling didn't seem to gain any life from his blood helm. I didn't do a super scientific test, and I didn't do hundreds of thousands of gajillions tests, and I don't have the ability to look at the code.

But it does seem like your confirmation is right. If it is, I gotta say for me this is a very
unwelcomed bug\feature for SP.

I didn't specifically test this, and neither me can look at code stuff, but the second SP character with hirelings not even showing the swirlie plus that vague memory of someone having annotated it some earlier time is close enough to me. Usually Undead Crown would be sufficient enough in Nightmare to keep an Act2 guy alive on itself with that pole he wears. It isn't. He recovers health very quickly, so as long as he's on top of things there's no real problem. If he gets crowded things become a hairy mess quickly without pots. With the Zon I thought his weapon would be too slow, so he maybe would be stunned too often, but this explanation isn't true by sheer observation.

Quote: I have the runeword txt mod on my SP game, and I personally haven't felt the need or 'temptation' to go any more than that.
... And if I had any skills to make significant changes to the code or mod the standard game. I'd probably be more inclined to make different styled changes simply due to my own bias.

See, you've installed a mod. You play by the rules the mod offers, which are slightly in your favour, but nevertheless you respect the rules as set. For me it is flipping some switches, and the barrier is just to open another file and 'correct' some stuff.
That said, there is a lot of stuff I could manage to 'correct' during the active HoB development which bothered me far more than just some bnet-only Runewords. Either by fixing typos, by doing softcoded workarounds or by making enemies more interesting*. This was fun to do, and any tiny success made me happy. Well, happier than before.

But blank D2/LoD it is, and I can easily accept the lack of some Runewords in SP. After all, I wanted the original feeling - with any flaws it offers.

* just to keep misunderstanding at minimum: HoB was not intended and didn't end as drop-mod. I didn't stop it out of boredom or saturation, but out of lack of time, skill and motivation. And I've always kept thinking about it, but I also think one needs to know the original flavour of the game to think about changes.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB

Messages In This Thread
Hunter Druid - by librarian - 09-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Hunter Druid - by ShadowHM - 09-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Hunter Druid - by Archon_Wing - 09-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Hunter Druid - by librarian - 09-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Hunter Druid - by Hammerskjold - 09-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Hunter Druid - by librarian - 09-10-2008, 06:29 PM