Ridiculously Useful Garrison Guide
I've been mulling about how the garrison resource will affect the AH economy. If you have a trading post, you queue up work orders to convert gathering profession materials into garrison resources (GR), and anytime trade GR for crafting reagents. This means, if we really need a reagent, we can opt to trade GR for it rather than pay whatever is on the AH price, or go farm for it on an alt, or even stockpile unused reagents. To keep my Alchemy building running 24/7, I need often buy (5)herbs for 25 GR -- plus using what I'm finding in the world. At 96, you can get the herb garden, which I'm hoping helps.

I've been slowly building up GR, through follower missions, quests, and killing those silver uniques. I've been getting free daily potions from my alchemy building. So far, 6 x the gender bender one and selling them on the AH for 25 gold ea, I think that novelty will wear out quickly. And, one time, (5) Draenor water breathing potion which I'll probably drop in the guild bank for now. I've got a stack of 20 Alchemical Catalyst, but not the skills to use them yet, other than to make the iLvl 620 Philosophers Stone trinket. Other than the daily Alchemy cooldowns, I've been focused on leveling. My only distraction from that was getting the fish needed to get my fishing shack up to level 2.

But, my personal Lunarfall mine is producing nicely. I already put a stack of 100 True Iron, and 100 Black Rock in the Guild bank. I have no trouble collecting enough Draenor stone to keep the work order queue there busy all the time. If fact, it seems so "too good to be true" that I can't help worrying it will get nerfed at some point. It's fairly awesome that I can be so productive getting resources for a profession I don't have. I only wish my Herb garden were so productive.

At level 96, through normal management, I've got 15 followers who I keep on perpetual missions to level them up. My garrison is level 2, with only the pet menagerie left to build to complete the level 2ness. My choices for buildings up to Medium has been, Celethirian Garrison, @level 96). I've used OP1 reward to get the level 2 Alchemy building. Then, the OP2 reward to get the plans for upgrading the Barracks to level 2, but don't have the 900 GR yet to do it. That leaves only my Trading post to upgrade to level 2. I acquired the Alchemy follower, and have been pulling her out of the building for missions, then drop her back into the Alchemy area for perks when she's not on a mission.

I'm not yet quite sure what impact, other than your quests the outpost choices have. In Gorgrond, I chose the Lumber Mill (over Brawling Arena), and in Talador I chose the Arsenal (over Mage Tower). Also, on the use of gold; While I've been spending on upgrades, so far, my bank account has gone up in WOD about 4000g.

Celethirian's level 100 full build out will look like; Celethirian Garrison, @level 100, full buildout. In my experience so far, it is pretty much a cake walk so far getting my garrison all at level 2, before I hit 100 with no real shortage of GR or gold. I think it will be a bit more grindy getting a level 3 garrison, and for getting each building up to level 3.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Ridiculously Useful Garrison Guide - by Bolty - 11-12-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: Ridiculously Useful Garrison Guide - by kandrathe - 11-17-2014, 07:45 PM