Really?! No one has bothered to post this yet?!
(12-03-2014, 03:33 AM)TheDragoon Wrote:
(12-01-2014, 03:22 AM)LennyLen Wrote: Have they ever bothered explaining how the Falcon is so maneuverable while traveling through a planet's atmosphere?
Maybe it's like the ship from Futurama. It doesn't move through the galaxy, it moves the galaxy around it!
I guess that is sort of correct. With Torplex "deflector shielding" you'd just move the air away from the hull, therefore having frictionless re-entry. Once under the influence of gravity, you can supplement the sublight engines to maneuver with Repulsorlifts.

P.S. As I've researched more fully what is the known science of "Space-Time", I've come to see the gravitational force more as an illusion due to our proximity to mass. Hence, my skepticism is high related to our ability to produce any device capable of manipulating gravity or time for that matter.

This is a good read though; http://archive.wired.com/wired/archive/6...ty_pr.html

"When I asked why he had to economize so stringently, he muttered something about his family not fully sharing his enthusiasm for gravity research."

The above quote had me laughing out loud.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Really?! No one has bothered to post this yet?! - by kandrathe - 12-03-2014, 09:22 PM