New computer build time? Or hold off?
(12-10-2014, 06:10 PM)LavCat Wrote:
(12-10-2014, 01:33 PM)Aahzmadius Wrote: Hmmm...I see this thread has drifted. Since this is the lounge, might as well drift some more. Regarding whether it is time to buy now or hold off, there's an argument to be made that the US dollar will continue to increase relative to other currencies in the next few years. Generally speaking, the higher it goes, the more computer you'll get for your money. But that kind of stuff is tough to time, of course.

Wonder if DeeBye should emigrate?
I doubt it. Deebye's got the new snow beater, and loves the winters too much. Canada is more than a place to live, it's a whole identity thing. Whenever I travel abroad I'm accused of being Canadian. This is partly the accent, but also because I appear to be too polite, educated, and cultured to fit the stereotype of American. Then again, my concept of a nightmare, or hell on earth is to be trapped on an American tour bus traveling across Europe.

My youngest is pining for a faster video card, but the one he has is very energy efficient. So to upgrade is the good quality video card and a power supply. The current power supply is only 300w, and would probably need to step up to 500w, or 550w.

Then I have an old ATX size rig I'd like to rebuild (new mobo, processor, ram), keep the PS and peripherals and maybe add a 2nd TB of disk.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: New computer build time? Or hold off? - by kandrathe - 12-10-2014, 10:12 PM