New computer build time? Or hold off?
(02-03-2015, 11:12 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: Looks good and clean looking.

I've never had a Corsair case before (I always went Antec), but this one feels and looks pretty solid with lots of room. There is only one 120mm fan up front, but there are vents for big ass fans on every side should I choose to use them.

(02-03-2015, 11:12 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/181849...the-future

That's bananas. Why? It looks pretty I guess.

(02-03-2015, 11:12 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: edited ps, on a more cereal mode. I think gaming at 1080 p will still be around for awhile longer, and the benefit of more powerful GPUs for gaming will be speed and smoothness overall. But IMO the 'MOAR REZ!' thing does hit a pretty solid wall of diminishing return after a certain viewing distance and application.

Yeah, I have no urge to upgrade from 1080p anytime soon. I might be convinced to go from my current 24" Samsung to a 27" in the future, but I just don't see the need for 4k and beyond.

I think it's hilarious about the current GTX 970 memory controversy. Apparently, the 970 has a dodgy way of using the final 0.5GB or RAM when the other 3.5GB is in use. Despite real-world benchmarks showing how the GTX 970 actually performs, some people are saying that it's somehow a "broken" card. I have no regrets about buying one. It's a great card for the money.

Messages In This Thread
New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 02-04-2015, 04:40 AM