Season 3 progress report
Heck, I didn't even post one for Season 2...guess it went by too fast to notice.

Power creep in Diablo 3 is a myth. It's not "creep"; it's "rocket."

For Season 3 I decided to play a Roland's Crusader. It's been a lot of fun, and I've progressed further than with any other character. I've managed to complete a level 37 Greater solo, and last night I was in a good group (support monk and WW barb) that cleared a 43 in about 7 minutes. My screen DPS is just over 1MM, and with all the buffs from monk and barb my Toughness reached 120MM (as long as I was standing in Inner Sanctuary). I also reached Paragon 349; my goal for S3 was 400.

I'm running the cookie cutter Roland's build, with the exception of keeping Horse on my bar instead of Iron Skin. There's just too many times in Hardcore mode where I need to move RIGHT NOW and I typically want to go through monsters to get where I need to be. Go Horse! Other skills are Punish, Shield Glare, Laws of Valor, and Akarat's Champion. The main damage from the build is Shield Bash; I've seen critical hits as high as 1.8B. (I suspect I've hit harder than that, but that's the highest one I've visually confirmed.)

The gear is the 6-piece Roland's set along with Focus and Restraint rings. If I'm solo, I change out the rings to Unity + Convention of the Elements. Drakon's Lesson bracers and a well-rolled Ouroboros amulet round out my armor. While I’ve yet to find an ancient BiS weapon, I’ve got a pretty good 2-handed mace with an extra affix. I used a Ramaladni’s Gift to add 10% elite damage. Legumes are standard issue Esoteric, Wildebeest, and Bane of the Trapped; I’ve got them leveled to nearly 40.

I’m spending all of my Blood Shards to acquire an Angel Hair Braid belt (Punish gains all runes). It’s pretty rare, so I’ll likely be at it for awhile. And if an ancient Furnace drops along the way, so much the better. One of the Season Conquests is a solo clear of a Greater 40. I think I’m in range of that and will probably try for it soon.

Anyone else still stomping around Sanctuary?
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career

Messages In This Thread
Season 3 progress report - by Aahzmadius - 05-05-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Season 3 progress report - by Chesspiece_face - 05-05-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: Season 3 progress report - by Aahzmadius - 05-06-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: Season 3 progress report - by TheDragoon - 05-08-2015, 04:08 AM
RE: Season 3 progress report - by Aahzmadius - 05-08-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: Season 3 progress report - by Occhidiangela - 05-09-2015, 05:30 AM
RE: Season 3 progress report - by LochnarITB - 05-09-2015, 09:30 AM
RE: Season 3 progress report - by FireIceTalon - 06-03-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: Season 3 progress report - by Occhidiangela - 06-13-2015, 05:34 PM