The Beast is Dead - Looking to Resurrect my Gaming Computer
This morning when I went downstairs to work on the Tanaan dailies my computer blackscreened. I thought maybe I had disconnected my monitor when I pulled the case out to unplug my headphones and plug in my speakers. I checked the cables and they were secure.

So I powered down the case and attempted to bring it back up. Nothing happened. At this point I figure the Motherboard is toast - while I'll disconnect everything and attempt to get it to live again, I think it is the most likely culprit.

At any rate the last time I did a serious upgrade to my gaming Computer The Beast - it was 2010. Its probably past due to be upgraded.

Parts list in 2010:
  • AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
  • 8 Gigs of 240 Pin DDR3 1333
  • ASUS Motherboard

Added in 2013:
  • Radeon 6850

Here's the spell components I'm looking to resurrect with:

That with my preferred case (the current case is starting to show 12 years of use) brings the total to $375 before shipping.

I'm thinking of adding in a Sapphire Radeon R9 270X for $179.

Wht do you all think? I mostly play WoW and D3 on my current rig/videocard (before it died). Do you think the above will do the job without upgrading the video card?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Capitalist Tal

Messages In This Thread
The Beast is Dead - Looking to Resurrect my Gaming Computer - by Tal - 07-09-2015, 06:02 PM