The Beast is Dead - Looking to Resurrect my Gaming Computer
(07-09-2015, 08:44 PM)kandrathe Wrote: My first guess is power supply. If you don't get the buzz click whir beep beep of boot up at all your firmware never attempted to boot.

Well the good news is that my PSU is good. Bad news is that it looks like my motherboard is kapute.

When I first got home it wouldn't power up as I reported. I swapped out the cord and it powered up! But still no display. So I unplugged the memory and harddrives. No go. Swapped back in the memory and the displays and pulled the videocard. Plugged into the onboard video and powered it up. Low and behold I had a display.

So I swapped the videocard into the lower pci-slot and attempted to boot. No display. To rule out the card being the culprit I swapped in my old videocard into the top slot. Still no display.

So its looking more probable that its my motherboard.

On to some questions I have.

I asked on another site about my possible upgrades and was told that an Intel I5 4440 would be better in both performance and power consumption than the AMD I linked above.

I didn't realize that Intel had gained such a prodigious advantage over AMD - What do my fellow Lurkers think on the great AMD vs Intel debate?

Also I have a key for Windows 7 (my current machine) - can I use it when I do a fresh install for the MoBo and Processor?

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Beast is Dead - Looking to Resurrect my Gaming Computer - by Tal - 07-10-2015, 12:43 AM