Next Expansion Announcement at Gamescom NOT Blizzcon
(08-05-2015, 10:41 PM)Mavfin Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 11:29 PM)Tal Wrote: And in other news - WoW is down to 5.6 million subscriptions. It should be noted that this is right after 6.2 was released - the numbers are likely lower today.

While to a lot of people the numbers look really bad...the game's coming up on 11 years, and is STILL bigger than anything else out there. Admittedly, I don't still play it, but I did pay for the expansion, and raising a couple 100s was worth the price, to me. I'm playing other games out there and enjoying them, but, then, I'm a leveler, not a raider.
I like stats...

Subscribers graph

Best selling PC games of all time worldwide

Most played PC games 2015

Quote:And speaking of asshats of Stormrage - I hate hate HATE Tanaan jungle and how it was implemented. Nothing like sending half the server to one of two locations and then rewarding asinine behavior. Go to pull mob near a interactive object only to have someone go through and click on it while you're fighting the mob. You get 1% to completion, they get 5%. THANKS BLIZZ. Also before anyone says "group up" - I've been turned down from group finder groups with a ilvl of 698. It gets frustrating.
There are secrets to avoid the asshats of Stormrage (I'll abbreviate as "AHOS" pronounced A hoes ) which I will add later when I have some more time.

I think MOP also made big strides technically with variable serving and phases to load balance the worlds. And, then there was the graphics, which when compared to vanilla is just mind blowing.

WOD was all about garrisons, which are cool, but could have been much cooler considering the development time. Adding a new class or race in WOD would have added to the story content and helped to ameliorate the load of 10 million subscribers trying to talk to Khadger and storm the portal simultaneously. ( AKA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sZ2a0VaOQM )

P.S. More time...
  • Asshat on the Fel Forge -- Tough one since the dohickies don't work during the quest, so I mostly kill many mobs, and hope the mini-bosses (Commander Org'mok, Grand Warlock Nethekurse, Executor Riloth, Felsmith Damorka) spawn so I get more %. Not enough bombs spawn to make demo-ing the tanks worthwhile. I try to stay central to the bosses so I can avoid not getting a hit in on them.
  • Asshat on Ironhold Harbor -- Better. Kill the big guys, use the inferno shot to kill flying things, burn flags, close proximity to 3 mini-bosses
  • Asshat on the Ruins of Kra’nak -- this is better with a small group of 3 to fight the elites locked up. Many times people don't burn their scrolls, so I get some percentage burning the scrolls.
  • Asshat on the Temple of Sha’naar -- This one is more painful, I go fight the elite demons (they reward only slightly more), since I can. Avoid the lower levels, except the cave can be ok on the days when there is not a quest to collect the unrefined crystals.
  • Asshat on the Throne of Kil’jaeden (Group) -- I usually solo this. I stay on the ( right side) path on the way to Kazaak, and pull small groups. Avoid the demons falling from the sky and the packs of demon dogs. Run to the left only to get in on the mini-boss fight. And, as a true AHOS, try to drag about two dozen mobs with you into the AOE. What are clothies doing up here anyway?
  • Battle at The Iron Front -- easiest, with 6 mini-bosses, bandages, flags to burn, and the Gronns to fight. I tend to camp at range away from the flag that summons the The Iron Houndmaster. The asshat thing to do here is to attempt to kill him while the poor schmuck who clicked on the flag is still fighting off mobs. Never click the flag. That's for the losers.
  • Bleeding the Bleeding Hollow -- Imho, the worst one for the asshats. So, if it is swamped I just ignore the mobs that despawn and break the orbs. I kill the big guys, and try to get in on the mini-bosses. They are pretty spread out. I try to move to an area with fewer people in it. The good part is the respawn timer is super fast. There are times when I loot the body and the mob respawns and attacks me while I'm still bent over. Awkward moment.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Expansion Announcement at Gamescom NOT Blizzcon - by kandrathe - 08-12-2015, 03:43 AM