Autism, exploitation and Capitalism
(12-08-2016, 06:26 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: I hope they didn't praise running water and electricity either.

Though it certainly can be used for evil.

LOL!

Quote:That being said, I've noted quite a few questionable groups that seem to champion autism as a cause. Some include the anti-vaccine crowd (one particular sickening one is "Age of Autism" which seems to contain writings from parents that regret their children's existences as a plague) and Autism Speaks which has posted some rather not so flattering videos publicly concerning the mater. So sometimes, $$$ is in the factors.

I've never heard of Age of Autism but yea, thats just disgusting to put it mildly. The only plague here is capitalism and its neurotypical one-size-fits all only system, that treats us as though we are a burden on society and a threat to profits. That, and the people who promote this crud that autism/aspergers is a disease that makes us sub-human.

Autism Speaks is a pretty deplorable organization as well. It has more or less similar views to Age of Autism, and in the past they advocated the debunked theory that vaccines cause autism (not sure if they still advocate this or not, but it hardly matters now). You can read more about them here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_Spe...troversies

You can even see the views toward us in mainstream media everytime some person goes on a mass killing spree shooting up a school or some other public place. One of the first things many people say is that "he must have been crazy or have some sort of mental instability or autism", or something of that nature. It's disgusting.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Autism, exploitation and Capitalism - by Tal - 12-07-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: Autism, exploitation and Capitalism - by FireIceTalon - 12-08-2016, 07:18 PM