Westworld: lots of potential, but does it have legs?
My son and I have enjoyed the first season, particularly as it has motivated him to now read Asimov's robot stories (which he started when I Robot came out but lost interest in as they did not match the film). He's now able to appreciate nuances a bit better.

While my pet fan theory regarding the sleight of hand being pulled in the last few episodes is yet to go into finished form, I think that a solid case can be made for a good season 2, but then what? A lot of the ground covered in this TV series was covered in the Terminator canon ... but that's not completely fair. There are a lot of stories repackaged and retold that work out well enough.

Have any of you watched it, and did you enjoy it? Cast was good, production value solid, though my wife and I were both a little puzzled at the blatant gratuitous nudity and gratuitous violence, though the latter at least has the "violent dreams have violent ends" theme to back them up. (Her comment on "game of thrones heads west of the Pecos" strikes me as too true). My son's more or less "meh" on that score since he feels that they keep having to one up themselves.

(heh, as I was typing this I accidentally hit the short cut that opens starcraft, broodwar, which caused Kerrigan's face to overwrite the Lounge. Synchronicity is cool when you encounter it.)

Anyway: Westworld, what's your take on it, Lurkers?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
Westworld: lots of potential, but does it have legs? - by Occhidiangela - 12-09-2016, 04:58 AM