Democrats' Response To President Trump
(02-02-2017, 05:59 PM)eppie Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 03:10 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: K, they are in time out.

Trump is tossing grenades and seeing who will jump on them. Interesting style but it usually creates a lot of collateral damage.

Todays grenade is an interesting one again. US companies are allowed to do business with the russian secret agencies again.

I wonder how many people will still swallow this and try and find excuses again.
America first!

It is by the way the style of most of the right wing populist leaders in the EU as well. There are not many in charge yet but they have a common thing for not wanting to listen to facts and make up their own truth. This is going wrong in so many ways.

A few months ago I told people here I wasnt worried because he would not manage to be worse for the US and the world than GWBush, but I take those words back. I was very wrong.
I can see it is bad for the political optics... but... it is not a story... we still do business with Russia.

"The Treasury Department said it will allow American companies to make limited transactions with the FSB, the successor to the KGB, if it needs them to get approval to import or distribute technology products in Russia. The exception will also apply to situations in which companies need to comply with rules administered by the FSB.

The implications of the move were not immediately clear, but the U.S. has taken similar steps in the past to help businesses avoid unintended consequences on cross-border transactions.

The White House said the move was routine and not a change in policy or easing of the sanctions. A source familiar with the sanctions told NBC News that the change was a technical fix that was planned under Obama."

Trump administration modifies sanctions against Russian intelligence service
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats' Response To President Trump - by kandrathe - 02-02-2017, 06:28 PM