Heroes of the Storm - Saturday, March 11
Hah, I'll quote a review I posted in my guild's forum back in 2015 when Blizzard had a similar promotion going on to tease WoW players into trying their MOBA.

--------------------------------------------------

Today I learned that MOBAs are s***.

It's like playing random battlegrounds in WoW:
  • The community is toxic. "You all suck" is so commonplace.
  • Pug players just don't care about objectives. Many players are totally clueless. Not everyone's going to be skilled at the game, but there's just basic stuff to understand and so many players don't get the basic stuff. The game tells you what to do on each map's loading screen and yet people ignore it! (Why doesn't WoW do this?)
  • Since going solo is fairly useless, if nobody's going for objectives and you are, you just die a lot and look terrible statwise (the "I'm topping the leaderboard, you guys suck" effect)

Now, random pug battlegrounds are a sidegame in WoW. They're the ENTIRE game in MOBAs. Unless you have a dedicated team of 4 mates that you enjoy playing games with, I don't see the attraction. I only see frustration. I know some of you here play the hell out of LoL and now HotS, but...I don't see it.

--------------------------------------------------

My perspective hadn't changed. Smile
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heroes of the Storm - Saturday, March 11 - by Bolty - 03-14-2017, 12:02 AM