A sad, sad day for the Internet and our freedoms
Pretty rare that I agree with Taem on anything politically, but in this case it would be impossible for me not to. I find this whole thing pretty disturbing, though hardly surprising. Conservatives will always choose big business interests over working people.

I could see this affecting us though, in ways beyond being consumers....It isn't just to get our information on what we buy, what we look at, and so on, but also to censor us and potentially put those with undesirable views on "watch lists". In the Arab Spring in 2011, the first thing the ruling classes did to try and sabotage the revolution was censor or limit what was being reported on the internet, or even shut it off entirely....granted, we aren't in the middle of a revolution in America at the moment, but the ruling class isn't dumb either.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: A sad, sad day for the Internet and our freedoms - by FireIceTalon - 03-27-2017, 02:08 AM