Shocking new DNA study reveals that human beings are divided into two genders!
(05-13-2017, 02:05 AM)GhastMaster Wrote: #2 "Gender Identity" is barely definable. It seems like feeling. Science/logic and feelings go together like oil and water.
I agree with all, but would comment on #2.

Gender Identity for me is an extension of individual liberty. If a persons psychology leads them into a set of harmless behaviors, then why should the society feel the need to shame, denounce, or make laws to force people into a normative box? So, yes, it might be a feeling, or it might be deeper innate psychology. Either way, our concern for other people's psychology should be more focused on those that lead to destructive behaviors.

As a tech geek, I always had a lower opinion of the soft sciences, like economics, sociology, or psychology. But, the fates would direct my computer science into data science, and now into sociological research. I see better now that often the difference with these newer sciences is some tolerance for bad experimentation, something which took a few hundred years to exorcise from the physical sciences. The standards of quality in published research in all sciences these days are head and shoulders better than a few decades ago.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shocking new DNA study reveals that human beings are divided into two genders! - by kandrathe - 05-13-2017, 05:07 PM