Shocking new DNA study reveals that human beings are divided into two genders!
(05-18-2017, 11:50 AM)Jester Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 06:35 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: I mean if someone is left handed, and they ask for a left handed desk, it doesn't mean they're threatening right handed people.

Interesting, then, that left-handed people have often been forced not only to make do with right-handed objects, but are sometimes forced as kids to learn tasks with their right hands. My dad still complains about how awful that was to endure.

The enforcement of social norms through discipline has consequences for people who don't fit those norms very well. Sometimes, that's just the price we pay for living in a society. (I don't want murderous people murdering, no matter how hard they find impulse control.) But mostly, we could just chill out, and let people be who they want to be, and we'd all be a lot happier for it.

-Jester

Well, these victimization pundits would try to claim that left handed people are taking over the world and forcing everything to be left handed-centric, even if it were just a situational thing.

Standards do have their uses, but sometimes flexibility is a good idea if we think society will still work as such. Of course, stretching it too far makes it break. Of course, many will disagree on whether that point is.

It's also true that systematic persecution is still a thing with many severe effects; I do believe quite a few places still find it okay to execute people based on the orientation and downplaying these things tends to be a problem.

(05-18-2017, 04:17 PM)kandrathe Wrote: We have too many really important problems to solve.

And that's really it.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shocking new DNA study reveals that human beings are divided into two genders! - by Archon_Wing - 05-18-2017, 06:11 PM