Considering building a new gaming computer for my son - AMD or Intel?
(06-11-2017, 04:10 AM)DeeBye Wrote: If my son gets good grades, I might be buying him parts to build a new gaming computer. He mostly plays CS:GO, Overwatch, Rocket League, and various forms of Battlefield and Call of Duty. His monitor is a 24" 1920x1080.

I'm looking at build guides and I really can't decide if I want to go with an Intel i3-7100, or up the budget a bit and get a AMD R5-1500x. With the Intel CPU I would probably have to buy a separate cooler, but I hear that AMD's stock coolers are pretty decent and quiet. The R5 1500x comes with a Wraith Spire cooler. I don't plan on overclocking, but I want performance and quietness.

The other parts will be re-used from his current computer (HDD, SSD, PSU, video card, possibly his case).

My little boy is building a new computer. He chose Intel and a GeForce 1080 Ti. I understand the first parts came in a couple days ago. He went with the fastest possible single thread performance, which would not necessarily be my choice.

Though I'm not getting rid of my Haswell-E 4.6 GHz any time soon.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Considering building a new gaming computer for my son - AMD or Intel? - by LavCat - 06-11-2017, 07:40 AM