Freedom of Speech (did I miss something?)
(08-20-2017, 02:08 AM)Taem Wrote: Why thank you, I never used or heard that word, 'git', before, perhaps because it's British in origin and usage. Anyway, always a pleasure to hear your POV.

I did in fact read up on Robert E. Lees POV on monuments and laughed at the irony of it. I guess those more influential than him in the South wanted to erect them, despite his insistence they'd only make it harder to overcome the outcome of the civil war. Here's a fun link from a neutral news site for those interested: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/robe...monuments/ . The troublemakers of today, the morons of tomorrow; I suppose the mentality of that era hasn't changed that much for some people.
What antifa and ilk don't understand, is that like ISIS, the more you fight against them violently, the more justified they become in recruiting. I believe in fighting bad ideas with the light of truth. If they advocate violence, in anyway to support their beliefs, I'm not with them, and I think they've lost any shred of morality for their position. In the USA, for better or worse, we believe in the freedom of thought. Even the wrong ones. We will not stop a bad idea by riots in Charlottesville, or civil wars in Syria.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freedom of Speech (did I miss something?) - by kandrathe - 08-20-2017, 03:23 AM