Freedom of Speech (did I miss something?)
(08-26-2017, 08:19 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: And our Nazi-in-chief just pardoned the American gestapo Joe Arpaio, after he was found guilty of illegally racial profiling. So much for bourgeois rule-of-law. Just another example in a history of literally millions of examples of how the system will always favor the ruling class and its state henchman over regular working people. The quote in my sig, once again, rings true. Trump stated that he was found guilty of "doing his job", and indeed, Trump is (for once) actually right about something: it is the job of the American Gestapo to keep those unruly workers in line.
An incident of injustice does not justify the elimination of justice. The president has unlimited power of pardon, with political consequences of his decisions. Joe is a monster who should never be given power, as is the president who pardoned him. Although, most presidents wait until their last few months so they seldom get blowback for pardoning reprehensibles like FALN Terrorists or Weather Underground friends.

I say Joe is a monster more in his sociopathic abuse of power, like the false arrest of James Saville, than in the zeal to expel illegal aliens from Arizona against the wishes of the Obama administration. "In 2004, victim James Saville’s family sued Arpaio for $10 million, after Saville was found not guilty of attempting to kill the sheriff. The county recently settled with Saville for an undisclosed amount. It only had to pay the above amount out of public coffers; its insurance policy covered the rest.".

But, I'm confident we will survive this political crisis. Arizona's persecuted undocumented aliens will need to be content with the political victory of getting Joe out of office, and getting him prosecuted for contempt of a Federal court. The ultimate victory of seeing an 85 year old bigot serve up to 6 months of jail time has been denied to his victims. But, often what goes around comes back around to bite. Hence, my life philosophy of trying to do good things, and my philosophy of defanging the power of potential tyrannical institutions. Like, our federal government.

Marx affirms the Lockian idea that, “As usurpation is the exercise of power which another has a right to, so tyranny is the exercise of power beyond right, which nobody can have a right to" (Locke 95). Marx was not advocating anarchy or calling for an abolition of government, but was wary of the problems associated with government, particularly when it was based on unequal notions of class. Marx saw that there were inherent problems in a government where there was an upper class or ruling elite and advocated a government that was part of the people—a government that was not based on the principles and revolution-inspiring problems class inequity presented in Victorian England at that time.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freedom of Speech (did I miss something?) - by kandrathe - 08-27-2017, 12:20 AM