On assaulting Nurses and Pro Football players.
(11-13-2017, 01:52 AM)Alram Wrote: What country doesn't have incompetent politicians? Our choices for president were Hillary and Trump -- How much worse can you get?

In most of southern Europe it is very normal to be fascist. In Italy, Spain, Greece and of course also in the former Yugoslav republics nobody would raise an eye.
That Spanish people see this different, I can imagine....for them is quite normal. Many of my best friends are from Spain, and they also don't agree with me......but I have also never had the idea they understood a lot of politics.
The background is in in the power of the traditional christian churches (Catholic and othodox) they have a long history of unofficialy supporting fascism. (that the current Pope seems an allright guy doesn't change this)

In the north of Europe we also see bigger right wing extremist movements, especially the last 10 years, but this is comepletely different than in the south were right wing extremism is much more woven into everyday life.

Of course every country has its problems with politicians but you know the issues that the south of europe had during the crisis? Political parties were only busy undoing what the previous one in charge had done....and the othe way around. I complain a lot about politics in my own country but it is not comparable to that in Spain, Italy and Greece.

I would anyway not be surpised that the US had something to do with the failure of the communists after Franco times. Just like they were doing in Italy just after WW2.

Messages In This Thread
RE: On assaulting Nurses and Pro Football players. - by eppie - 11-17-2017, 03:55 PM