Can a broken coaxial cable make you feel dizzy?
Last night when I got home from work, I starting hearing a ringing in my left ear, not your typical high-pitched sound, but the ringing in your ears when you get hit in the head and your ears ring - or when your standing next to some electrical equipment. I've noticed most people can't hear these noises, but I can. Anyways, more to the point, I went to sleep but right before I did, I stood to go to the bathroom and felt like the room was spinning. When I woke in the morning, I felt so dizzy, the room was spinning around in circles. I pushed past the feeling and focused on what needed to get done today and when my family and I left the house, the sensation also left. It was gone all day until I came back to the house, at which point I decided to do some investigation; I could go all the way to the right side of the front side of the house and the ringing stopped, however to the left side of the house (where the cable connectors and electricity comes into the house) the noise was louder but did eventually dissipate. Inside the house, it seems to be overwhelming however when other ambient noise is present, the audio waves - if loud enough - seem to stop the noise. Because the noise seems to have a definite radius, I do not believe it is Vertigo or Tinnitus, however I have been waking with a soar throat in the mornings and the kids did spill some water on the carpet so it could be a sinus reaction to mold spores (I am mildly allergic to mold, dust, and some types of pollen). My initial thoughts are that it is the cable since I read stories of how a broken cable line can interfere with airplane equipment and I seemed to be more susceptible to these types of noises than my immediate family, but it could also be my sinuses I suppose. I'll have to wait a few days till the carpet is completely and utterly dry and see if these symptoms persist, but my main question here for anyone who might know is can a broken coaxial cable line cause you to feel dizzy and a few people to hear a high pitched hum?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Can a broken coaxial cable make you feel dizzy? - by Taem - 07-31-2008, 01:48 AM