New Ryzen 3 1200 budget build for my son. Waiting on parts to ship.
(03-25-2018, 03:37 AM)DeeBye Wrote: As you can see, I'll be re-using his old EVGA GTX 950 videocard. I really want to plop a 1050ti in there, but videocard prices are just ridiculous right now. The cheapest available 1050ti online in Canada is over $350. I'll have to wait on that.
GPU prices are definitely ridiculous for a while. That and RAM, for whatever reason it spiked up.
Quote:I also probably went overboard with the EVGA 550W fully modular PSU. I could have bought a cheaper PSU, but I feel that this PSU is the kind of thing that will last a long time and thrive throughout many upgrades and re-builds.
I'm gonna say going with a quality PSU is never a bad way to spend the dollar, and 550W sounds very reasonable and future resistant for a while.
Quote:It also performs as well, if not a bit better, than the onboard Ryzen 2000 series (which is about a GTX 1030).
On one hand that's actually impressive. On the other it just reminded me the most recent GPU I bought was a GT 1030 half height card for a refurbished Thinkcentre I got for a song, not even a GTX series. Because that was the only one at the shelf with the price I'm willing to pay. The GPU prices looks to stay crappy for a while longer.

Then again there aren't that many recent releases that caught my eye, and the ones that do thankfully does not require a high end machine to run it decently. Speaking of.
Quote:He mostly plays e-sport titles like LoL, Smite, Overwatch, and CS:GO.
You guys still play Minecraft together?

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Ryzen 3 1200 budget build for my son. Waiting on parts to ship. - by Hammerskjold - 03-27-2018, 07:13 PM