Back at it in PoE: Anyone still play?
(11-05-2018, 05:31 AM)Bolty Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 04:18 PM)Lissa Wrote: Makes you wonder if the reason Morhaime retired is because he's seen the writing on the wall with the way Activision has been pushing the way Blizzard has been going and that A-B will turn into EA.

Does seem that way, yes. The old crowd that was laser-focused on making incredible games is long gone, and decision-making may be 100% focused now on generating revenue over all other things.

Diablo 3's RMAH made that clear to me in the Diablo space and I gave up on the series then. I'm too embedded to WoW to quit even though it's become pretty obvious their focus is on microtransactions and WoW Tokens, which is where they're making the money nowadays - they've admitted as much in shareholder meetings previously.

I think they've just become too big a company; after WoW brought in the billions, the upper management has likely shifted to a point where the soul is gone. It happens.

And in other news, A-B stock value drops after news from Blizzcon to the tune of 3.7 Billion.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back at it in PoE: Anyone still play? - by Lissa - 11-07-2018, 12:32 AM