Improving my survivability.
I assume you are playing MP.

Nystul's approach is probably the simplest. A useful site is http://www.dpsyche.com/ where you can see how much AC or dexterity is useful for your character. A quick look shows me that your AC is barely relevant against the lowest level creatures in NM/Hell. And your dexterity will only give you about 50% block (as Pete pointed out).

Regarding your setup - your shield gives you a bonus to AC (blessed) but your armor does not (obsidian). If you could reverse that you'd be much better off since blessed on the shield only gives you an additional 16 AC or so whereas blessed on a plate would give you an additional 60 or so. Another point is that since you have a jade ammy of the stars (28 res) you will still almost certainly need 2 items to get you to maximum resists. This means that while you have obsidian stuff (armor and helm), jade would do just as well. Since you need more dexterity the items you would be looking for would be jade or obsidian helm of the stars or precision and jade or obsidian shield (ideally with a wolf or tiger suffix - you are too high level to buy a jade moon/accuracy and finding them in the dungeon is pretty tedious). For your plate you want a + AC prefix, but lacking that a plate of precision or stars (no prefix) would also be o.k.. Some points here - you have enough hp so you don't really need an obs. helm of the tiger. Also, harmony isn't so useful for a warrior so it won't be a big loss if you have to drop that. So the setup you shouldn't have too much trouble getting to would be something like:

blessed/saintly/awesome plate (field/gothic/full plate) and if you can get a suffix with that so much the better (ideally stars or precision). You can settle for a prefixless plate of precision or stars until you find something better. This assumes your other items max your res.

jade/obsidian shield (ideally a higher base AC though that's not critical) and if you can get a suffix with that so much the better

jade/obsidian helm (ideally a higher base AC though that's not critical) with a stars or precision suffix.

I personally recommend using your lups on vitality and bother Adrea to get your Str elixers.

Also, you have +19 all from your jewels so if your Dex is max it should be 79.

Your dragon life ring is REALLY nice (so don't get rid of it) but temporarily you'd be better served by a ring of precision, perfection, stars, heavens, or zodiac - even with no prefix. Dexterity is king.

Like Fox said a King's sword of speed/haste would be currently more useful than the KSOV (which is also REALLY nice), though those are the only two swords which would be better. So you're probably not going to improve on that for a while either.

So collect some money on normal/Hell - where you will also load up on experience and lups and probably find a ring with some + dexterity on it and either shop Griswold for items (starting lots of new games) or Adria for Str elixers (using the Cat entrance).

The truth is with your current setup, which is mostly meaningless in terms of AC and only half good at blocking clearing NM/Hell should be pretty hard. It's pretty analogous to an LA2H (a little less damage but a chance to block).

Messages In This Thread
Improving my survivability. - by Rustweaver - 01-24-2010, 04:20 AM
Improving my survivability. - by --Pete - 01-24-2010, 05:17 AM
Improving my survivability. - by Nystul - 01-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Improving my survivability. - by Foxhound3857 - 01-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Improving my survivability. - by weakwarrior - 01-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Improving my survivability. - by FireIceTalon - 01-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Improving my survivability. - by Rudra - 01-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Improving my survivability. - by artanis - 02-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Improving my survivability. - by ucookie - 02-21-2010, 11:13 AM