Star Trek MMO Beta first impressions
As far as lack of maneuverability i agree with you 100%, its just plain stupid that you can't angle up or down more than 45 degrees. I hope in the future they will change it and improve a host of other things as well but that is nature of a new game. Wow took years to get to the finely tuned product it is now. You saying the end product is poor before you have experienced more than a few days playing or before the game is even released is premature.

All combat in whatever game you play is pew pew pew weather your mage casting the same 2-3 spells over and over again or tank hitting the same 3-4 taunt abilities. You have only scratches the surface in ground combat. My Away Team went up against a Reman Captain "Boss" and were wiped out 3 times before i developed the tactics needed to take him down. Running up to him and pew pew pew was not an option. Positioning phaser turrets, shield generators, regen generators, and team members to knock him down and get a exposed flanking shot was almost as difficult as some WoW Bosses. The only difference was my progress leading up to him was saved so i didn't have to spend an hour clearing trash mobs again, didn't have to wait for rez effects to wear off, didn't have to wait for cool down timers, and i didn't port to the bank for more pots, i used the replicator to make more.

Is it a perfect game? Not even close but their working on it.

Messages In This Thread
Star Trek MMO Beta first impressions - by Yless - 01-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Star Trek MMO Beta first impressions - by Delc - 01-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Star Trek MMO Beta first impressions - by Lissa - 01-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Star Trek MMO Beta first impressions - by LavCat - 01-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Star Trek MMO Beta first impressions - by Yless - 01-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Star Trek MMO Beta first impressions - by Yless - 01-25-2010, 07:33 AM