The 2.4 mana regen model for "other" classes
Even in 2.3, I found that mana was a relatively minor issue for a well geared shaman. With about 140 unbuffed mp5 and all the usual shaman tricks I didn’t have problems most fights. For the really mana intensive fights, an alchemist stone and chain chugging potions usually solved all my problems. I really only ran out when things went wrong and fights lasted far longer than they should have.

If I can get 7k mana from an innervate without any spirit on my gear, that’s awesome, especially since I do have about 40 odd sprit on my gear I can’t get rid of. I honestly can’t see myself anticipating the innervate, switching weapons, then switching back once it’s over. The circumstances where that would be worth the effort are too rare. I didn’t get to do much healing back at level 60, but it seems to me that the game has changed. Not running out of mana is very low on my list of priorities, because it pretty much takes care of itself. Water shield, mana stream, potions, mana tide, shadow priests, innervates; there are just too many ways to get mana back for it to be a big issue to me.

Messages In This Thread
The 2.4 mana regen model for "other" classes - by Jenjan - 04-01-2008, 05:09 PM