Well, after all these years, I'm playing again
Since owning a copy of D1 legitimately (thank you, battlechest), I hadn't really played it in depth other than a few normal mode runs with the Hellfire addon just to check it out. But the excitement surrounding Diablo 3 has me playing the old guard again. A few things, never played D1 on bnet. Doing this for the first time really opened my eyes. D1 on bnet is MUCH harder than in sp mode. I emptied an entire belt of mana potions and level 3 charged bolt into the Butcher, and he still didn't go down. Secondly, it doesn't run very well for some reason, too much mouse clicking or spamming of spells causes some aweful lag, is this normal? Even walking multiple steps in a row causes sound to get choppy. One time in fact, I got surrounded and spammed rapidly and it caused me to lose my connection. I do understand the age of the game, and the fact there is no reason for Blizzard to support the servers for it (hell I'm just glad they still run them), was just wondering if these things were normal. On the plus side, after playing D2 for so many years, I was happy to find that the slower gameplay, creepy environments still resonate after all this time. I still think the music in D1 is better than in D2, and ranks among the best game music ever. D1 is more about exploration than D2, it actually makes sense to open EVERY chest, and hit every barrell, rather than the whip through as much as you can to get a high level gameplay that is I feel the only negative point with D2. Anybody load up D1 recently? I'd like to know your impressions on how the game has stood up (even if you are playing the playstation port).

Messages In This Thread
Well, after all these years, I'm playing again - by MachX - 12-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Well, after all these years, I'm playing again - by OldSchoolForLife - 12-31-2009, 05:01 PM