Do Shamans have a place in end game content?
Quote:You can also just burst through the healing and ignore the adds completely. That's the way I usually kill him (though I haven't tried it on Heroic mode).

Little bit of necromancy, and this is an offtopic offshoot... but here I go.

I've not tried it on heroic either but yeah. Any damage you put on the trees might be damage you could have put on him, and since he heals an amount equal to their health, it doesn't greatly matter either way. Seems to me the only reasons to prefer attacking the adds at all would be:

1. They are causing damage you don't want (i.e. healer munchy). This is where it could be tricky on heroic.
2. You can do "parallel" damage -- best example is DoTs. A Shadow priest proccing Spirit Tap off dots on the adds while flaying the boss is very nice. A warlock dotting up a bunch of trees is doing a lot more damage than he/she could to a single target.

Most of the time, you can maximize your dps by focusing on a single target, so I tend to just ignore the adds for the most part.

With respect to the druid hybrid nature, there are some fights with designed breaks that a bear could actually manage to use his innervate or rebirth... but I'm sure those opportunities shrink the further you get in.

Messages In This Thread
Do Shamans have a place in end game content? - by vor_lord - 05-11-2007, 09:46 PM