Unique Item Hunting
I'm about to write a short guide for some of the posters at the GFaqs Diablo board about how to use JG to calculate when specific Unique Items can drop, and I thought I'd add some general theories about hunting for them.

I've never done any item hunting myself, but it seems to me that the best place to look for a specific unique item would be the first dlvl where most of the normal monsters are capable of dropping it. My reasoning is thus - it's probably not worth taking unique monsters into account, as though all their item drops will be magical, and these will have eight times the chance of being uniques than magical items dropped from normal monsters, there are a heck of a lot more normal monsters than unique ones. I also think that looking on the earliest possible dlvl will be a good idea as it increases the chance that, should a uniqe item drop, it will be the one you want, since the higher the mlvl of the monster, the more unique items it can drop.

I guess an exception would be if it is a high qlvl unique modifier and the character is sufficiently high enough to perform Laz runs quickly. Then this would be the best solution.

Any thoughts?
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields

Messages In This Thread
Unique Item Hunting - by LennyLen - 11-17-2006, 07:54 AM
Unique Item Hunting - by Jarulf - 11-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Unique Item Hunting - by LennyLen - 11-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Unique Item Hunting - by Nystul - 11-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Unique Item Hunting - by LennyLen - 11-17-2006, 12:05 PM