Class Challenges
I'm looking to createst a few challenges for players in Diablo again. Basically, I want to have 2 or 3 for each class. A task for Sorcerer and a Warrior follow, but if anyone else has something to do that requires more manual and tactical skill than that of relentlessness, I'd love to hear them.

Sorcerer: Hardcore Naked Mage. Get a solo dot. (Perhaps 2dot or 3dot, as well. Thane's gotten pretty close, and he's the expert on this variant.) You may not use jewels to increase your magic to 255+. If your life ever becomes a problem, regarding the hp bug, immediately put on a Ring of the Life or Lion series. If it's still a problem, pause until you can find items that add more life. If you are at the point where you are being stunned, I'm prettty sure that a Cap of the Whale isn't going to do much of a difference with +3 AC. However, if you notice that your life drops below what it should be at, IE: you have 80 life, use two +60 rings of the Lion, and after an encounter find yourself at 100 life after having MS break, you lose. Also, when leaving a game, you must be in town. No exploiting "Quit Game" when your poor skills get yourself stunlocked.

Warrior: Hardcore Barbarian. Get a solo dot. For those of you who don't know the Barbarian variant, it means that you don't use any magic or any magical (or unique) equipment. IE: Full Plate Mail is fine, but a Cap of Strength isn't. Repair item is fine, but a Firebolt isn't. I know of four Barbarians who together got 3rd dots, but that task is nearly impossible. Perhaps allow Barbarians to play with each other to try for 2nd and 3rd dots? Again, no quitting except from town.

Rogue: I've been thinking on this one a lot, and the only thing that I can come up with is a Hardcore Plain Short Bow-Only Rogue, and that seems like it would be too easy even then to single dot. Perhaps get this variant 2 dots? That would be much more of a challenge because stun would be near impossible without loads of elixer pumping. Again, no quitting except from town.

Any: Cave-In Ironman. I still haven't heard of anyone winning the game this way, which leads me to believe that almost all Ironman victories came from the (ab)use of a Purifying Sping or Blood Fountain, which is pretty sad. For those of you who don't know the rules of Cave-In Ironman: http://p205.ezboard.com/fthedsfcommunityfr...opicID=11.topic

All of these characters should be played Legitimate (duh.), Purist and solo to a point. If you want to co-op with a friend, as long as he isn't stone cursing every other monster, it's fine. During a dot attempt, however, only the player should be present for levels 13-16. Basically, play the variant as it's intended, to provide the most challenge.

All of the aforementioned characters are Hardcore, meaning that once they die, they should be deleted and restarted. Again, feel free to provide more challenges to instill some life into this game. =)

(EDIT: Added Link.)

Messages In This Thread
Class Challenges - by Alamara - 11-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Class Challenges - by Kay - 11-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Class Challenges - by Griselda - 11-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Class Challenges - by Sekel - 11-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Class Challenges - by Alamara - 11-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Class Challenges - by Merlinios - 11-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Class Challenges - by Alamara - 11-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Class Challenges - by Griselda - 11-14-2006, 04:30 AM
Class Challenges - by Nystul - 11-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Class Challenges - by Merlinios - 11-14-2006, 11:03 PM