what's an ideal LAW setup?
Quote:Some big time thread necromancy brewing here.
Once you choose to put on an obsidian armor, you lose the AC benefit of the RC. But you also would lose the benefit of any prefix on any other hat. So 40 mana plus 10 to all stats is still a great option. Presumably the reason you are wearing an obsidian armor as a high level warrior is to get big mana for handling ranged attackers, so the RC makes sense. Getting life leach from Helm of Sprits is cool, but pretty much a gimmick. This isn't D2, where the leach might actually save you from dying. You can make a case for it because the surrounding equipment is so good that any hat will do.

I don't think I would ever consider a warrior setup with obsidian armor a "dream" setup, unless I were playing some sort of variant. When you are playing a melee character, AC is relevant. This is not a ranged attacker who will only get by melee enemies due to player error. With that in mind, give me an awesome/stars or awesomeon full plate to build around. Then you can still get away with low AC shield and helm (although RC IS tempting in this setup) at high levels with great jewelry. Because at this point, you don't need perfect AC against every blood knight. But if you have high enough AC so that storms and doggies can't hit you every darn time, you can spend a lot less time blocking and a lot more time attacking. If I'm wearing an obsidian armor with a full powered character (regardless of class), that is pretty much a commitment that all lava maw will be killed with chain lightning before they get close.

Agree with first paragraph, but second paragraph....

truth be told, dexterity is more important then ac on warrior. I play my warrior almost exactly the same way when hes a Law as I do when hes high ac, minus blind teleporting. Maelstroms and their brethren are really the only super dangerous monster for a LAW, u can only take on 1 at a time or its curtains. But for just about anything else, u can pick them off a few a time as long as u dont let yourself get swarmed. Maws are dangerous and require the use of haste but u can usually have 2 or even 3 on you if you have perfect block. They do seem to have bashing effect though, so some sort of caution is certainly needed if you are going low ac vs them. Storms I still think take the cake as a Law's worst nightmare though, and in fact, I just usually throw on my Awes Stars if they are present.

a Law is actually much easier to play then a low-ac rogue, believe it or not, cause of the rogue's lack of using a shield. Sure u have a ranged attack, but it is much more difficult to play this class with low ac at a fast pace then it is with a warrior, who pretty much can kill things in just a few hits and has the abilty to block. Unlike my warrior, I have to play my rogue totally different if she goes low ac, then when she uses a high ac style. Unfortuantly arrow attacks in this game are somewhat underpowered in PvM, even for a lvl 50 rogue with basically perfect equipment. The error factor is also important, if u make a mistake on a LAW, you may or may not live depending on the monster types and the situation. For a low ac rogue though, an error almost always means instant death. Rogues are extremely fragile chars when they are in low armor.

With the standard LAW setup, perfect hp is 528 and perfect mana is 399, for a lvl 50 warrior using Obs Stars, Obs/Eme Tiger shield, RC, Ksov/speed, and 3 perfect dragon zodis. Another alternative could be using a whale item for those who like getting 600 hp on their warriors. If u need more then 1 resist, you will probably have to use the whale item on the helm slot, but only 1 or no resists are needed the whale item can be used in the armor slot so RC may still be equipped. This is quite effective on lvl 16 in particular, with the use of RC/Ruby Whale armor, 3 mana zodis. If you have a tri-witch lvl (every warriors worst nightmare), use a whale helm with obs stars armor and ksov....
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Heidi - 05-15-2006, 02:07 AM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Hureg - 05-15-2006, 04:13 AM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Force - 05-15-2006, 10:27 PM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Heidi - 05-16-2006, 02:13 AM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by the Langolier - 05-16-2006, 02:37 AM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Ashock - 05-16-2006, 03:05 PM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Ashock - 05-16-2006, 03:08 PM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Heidi - 05-16-2006, 11:29 PM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Ashock - 05-17-2006, 03:49 PM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by ucookie - 02-21-2010, 12:28 PM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Nystul - 02-21-2010, 08:16 PM