what's an ideal LAW setup?
Quote:Yes, storms are worse than maws.

DEX vs. AC is an interesting dilemma when developing a young (untwinked) warrior. There are no hard and fast rules at that point, because you have to deal with the equipment you are able to find. A lot of times you go for as much of both as you can get and swap for resistances when they are needed. But if I had the gear you listed in the other post, where the low AC setup essentially trades 270 AC for 50 mana, the obsidian armor would not be worth 6 inventory spaces to me. You still have relatively good mana and great dexterity with the 270 AC. The low AC setup is basically a fashion statement at that point, although the extra mana is slightly superior against witches.

With a bow rogue, I don't really want any enemies to be within melee range of me, so low AC is just fine. The extra mana will be used as life buffer, casting offensive spells, or teleporting *away* from oncoming enemies. But certainly with any class, if one wants to teleport into the enemy (to do fast cave clears or play recklessly in general) then high AC would be very helpful. My line of thinking with warriors is that, even if you intend to play very carefully, low AC still means you will spend a lot of time blocking instead of completing attacks. The hybridized setups allow you to get most of the benefits of the berzerk warrior while completely dominating the fast attackers in caves or early hell.

Yea I know what you mean. For a lower lvl warrior thats untwinked, I think AC plays a much more vital role (even if you get the perfect block) just because your dmg is way less, and you dont crit as often. The high ac will be more useful for such a warrior that isnt killing as fast.

As much as I love my warriors Awes Stars, I still play low ac more often just for the thrill of things so the Obs Stars is usually what I wear. My warrior can only carry 2 gold piles!! Yea pretty absurd I know, but I carry all my PvM and PvP gear on him at once, since hes 50 and I often duel with friends after we finish a good ol' fashioned arse whooping of hell/hell. In addition to his equipped items, he has 2 helms, 2 armors, 4 swords, and 6 jewels in his inventory. He uses everything. Only thing that never comes off is his Obsidian Tiger Tower shield.

I used to play low ac healing rogue all the time, and still do on occasion but generally I prefer to play her with high ac now. Guess ive gotten more lazy in my old age. But a good part of that is that I can get 165 magic (w/o the use of Dream Flange) with 290 ac (as bow rogue) and its just too hard to pass that up, hehe. Its like having a tank mage that can use a bow, basically, but with much higher physical dmg so tripple immunes are never a factor. Like my warrior, she is 50 and carries all her PvM and PvP gear on her, though she can at least carry 9 gold piles rather then just two. I kind of wish she could carry her old Obsidian Stars crown but eh, as I play PvP more now I guess I have very little use for it anyway since she uses RC exclusively at this point, both PvM and PvP.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Heidi - 05-15-2006, 02:07 AM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Hureg - 05-15-2006, 04:13 AM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Force - 05-15-2006, 10:27 PM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Heidi - 05-16-2006, 02:13 AM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by the Langolier - 05-16-2006, 02:37 AM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Ashock - 05-16-2006, 03:05 PM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Ashock - 05-16-2006, 03:08 PM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Heidi - 05-16-2006, 11:29 PM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Ashock - 05-17-2006, 03:49 PM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by ucookie - 02-21-2010, 12:28 PM
what's an ideal LAW setup? - by Nystul - 02-21-2010, 08:16 PM