New Alliance Race Speculation thickens!
Monkey,Apr 18 2006, 04:17 PM Wrote:They can't give the faction-specific classes to the other side because it will mess with raid configuration and balance. Right now, having 5x8=40, equal numbers of each class equals a full raid. They won't bump raid size to 45 because that  would require rebalancing all existing 40-man content.

Also regarding balance--how would they handle mixing Shaman totems (Mana Spring, Tranquil air, etc.) with Paladin buffs (Wisdom, Salvation, etc.)? It could completely trivialize some encounters. Or imagine attempting Razorgore with a combination of low-aggro heals and earthbind totem.

[right][snapback]107575[/snapback][/right]

Again, why do you guys keep thinking about existing content when it comes to expansion? Are you suggesting that level 60 content is too easy at level 70 if you have both Shamans and Paladins in your raid? Well, I think it would be too easy because you are level 70, not because you have Shamans and Paladins! :)

As for raid configuration... When was the last time your raid had 5 of each member? Most of the time you are short a few druids, warlocks and have quite a few warriors, and yet you seemed to be doing fine. I am sure that Blizzard can balance it out somehow.

I know I am playing the Devil's Advocate here, but I still don't see a good reason as to why not, or a link to some Blue post about it. :whistling:

Speculating is exciting.

Messages In This Thread
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by lemekim - 04-18-2006, 05:19 PM
New Alliance Race Speculation thickens! - by lfd - 04-18-2006, 11:59 PM