Avarice PVP in Review
For me, personally, most of my PvP experience has come in the Arathi Basin. I have run it a number of times in pick-up groups and a couple times in Avarice groups. Obviously, the Avarice groups went better, in general. :) In those runs, I've tended to be best suited for either attacking new bases (where I can drop Intimidating Shout and other nasty disruptive attacks) or a roaming defense. I have an epic mount so I like to ride from one base to the other when I hear it is being assaulted and help keep things under control. I suppose I could also do ok defense (Skybreak is a Night Elf and has Shadowmeld, after all), but I also feel like I'm not doing my best when I'm standing around.

I've been into Alterac Valley a couple times, too, so I kind of know what's going on in there but I still need someone to point me in a direction while there. I do know, however, that I can definitely aid in pushing objectives as the team of Garrin and I pushed the Horde back numerous times when we were teamed up in AV. Also, I know that Skybreak can very, very easily clear out things like the mines in the far north of AV as long as she has a healer with her. Garrin and I duoed those mines a couple times when we were in AV to clear it out so we could get supplies. It worked very well!

To this date, I have never been in Warsong Gulch so whenever I end up getting in there it will be a learning experience. :)

So from these experiences, this is what I'd say are strengths and weaknesses:

Strengths
I feel that I have gotten very good at picking targets out of small groups of players. In the past, I used to go after warriors and rogues that would come out in the front, but I've learned to more-or-less ignore those types of characters in favor of rampaging through healers or the back line of caster classes.

To this end, I feel I've gotten very good at using a number of my abilities that help at this; I know how to make good use of my CC breaking abilities (trinket, Berserker Rage, Death Wish, etc.) when people try to slow me down. In addition, I've gotten a lot better at using Intimidating Shout as an effective Fear Bomb. Sometimes just charging into a waiting pack of Horde players and dropping Intimidating Shout is enough to turn the tide of an assault. :)

Finally, as far as gear goes, my warrior, Skybreak, is an insane DPS warrior. If I get paired up with a healer, then Skybreak often resembles an unstoppable juggernaut that runs around ripping apart everything that stands in her way. Skybreak tends to end up near the top in killing blows and honorable kills for every battleground I've been in recently.

Weaknesses
At times, I feel that I need to be more mindful of the other Alliance players near me. I sometimes charge too deep into Horde lines so that healers have a hard time getting in range to heal me. When I don't have Intimidating Shout in those cases, I often die. :whistling: In addition, I'd like to get better at defending the Alliance casters when they are nearby. If I could get better at that, I think they'd enjoy chasing after me and healing me more. :)

Another thing I need to work on is using Piercing Howl. This ability is VERY nice for use in PvP but I've found that I rarely use it since it's not on my normal action bar. It's off on a side bar where I'd have to manually click it to have it work. Generally I just don't think to go and click it when lots of guys are around me.

The last thing I'd like to work on is communicating via Teamspeak. I have done very little PvP play while on TS so I don't always think to say over TS where I'm headed. I think a bit better communication on my part would help. :)
-TheDragoon

Messages In This Thread
Avarice PVP in Review - by Garrin - 01-07-2006, 06:29 AM
Avarice PVP in Review - by Krossandra - 01-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Avarice PVP in Review - by TheDragoon - 01-07-2006, 05:35 PM