Priest Thekal
Hit a brick wall tonight in a Zul'Gurub run. We've got the aspects of the spider, snake, raptor, and bat down easiliy. Those priests aren't that bad for us, and we one-shot them. But tonight we spent three hours wiping on Thekal.

The first phase is going without a hitch. Three tanks, burn Zath to around 35%, burn Thekal to about 20%, and by that time Lor'khan only needs a few seconds of dps to bring him in line with the others. Pull them all together for AoE and we're good to go. We'll finish this phase of the fight with everyone alive and healthy, albeit with some of our healers a bit depleted.

This is where things all go to hell. We collapse into the narrow area in front of his hut to minimize the distance on knockbacks, but Thekal is doing some major damage in his tiger form, and double-jumping so we're hit with two knockbacks in a row, each doing over 1k damage to everyone in the raid. Additionally, his summoned tigers are taking a lot of damage to pull off the cloth. I'd say 75% of my deaths during this fight were to the tiger adds.

Just asking if anyone here has experience in this fight, and if so, how you handle his second phase. We tried shifting all dps to the tigers whenever they spawned, but that left him taking damage at a terribly slow rate. We tried sheeping the tigers, but at regular intervals he'd summon two more. We can only sheep/sleep so many before we run out of mages and druids. We tried having hunters at a range to pull the tigers away from the fight to kill in the open, but they're hard to yank off the healers and the knockbacks were throwing hunters out of healing range. The last attempt, we put warlocks on fear duty with the tigers, sending them running and using DoTs. But before long we had 6 tigers running around.

Our best effort was taking him down to 6%, so I know it's within our grasp. But I can't help but think there's some trick to this that we're missing.
See you in Town,
-Z

Messages In This Thread
Priest Thekal - by Zarathustra - 12-02-2005, 06:11 AM
Priest Thekal - by oldmandennis - 12-02-2005, 06:51 AM
Priest Thekal - by Tuftears - 12-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Priest Thekal - by Bolty - 12-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Priest Thekal - by lfd - 12-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Priest Thekal - by Quark - 12-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Priest Thekal - by Arethor - 12-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Priest Thekal - by Skandranon - 12-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Priest Thekal - by Ashkael - 12-05-2005, 05:52 AM