The drop rate of uniques
for the constricting ring there's a nice article about it somewhere on the site.

Finding it around snotspill on normal isnt weird, it is even the most common dropping level on normal if i remember correctly, somewhat lower in the dungeon you will get Engagement rings instead.

As for my opinion on the CR, i consider it very useful especially on rogues, who have a rather hard time equipping full resistance, you should indeed keep it in your inventory usually, except when faced with a mixed form of magical attacks, like witches and mages or balrogs and maelstroms. In cases of only one magical attack type, you're usually better off just maxing out that one.
When facing such a situation though, the small loss in mana (assuming you use MS) definitely is better than the damage you'd get with lower resistances. (with some discussion when you wear a shield and have 0% resistance, which gives you a chance of fully blocking certain magical attacks)
On top of that it is also a good stash of gold, if you really dont like it, it's still worth 15k in one inventory space.
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log

Messages In This Thread
The drop rate of uniques - by [wcip]Angel - 08-15-2005, 12:59 PM
The drop rate of uniques - by Nystul - 08-15-2005, 02:16 PM
The drop rate of uniques - by [vL]Kp - 08-15-2005, 11:31 PM
The drop rate of uniques - by duner - 08-16-2005, 10:14 PM
The drop rate of uniques - by jrdgames - 08-17-2005, 07:13 PM
The drop rate of uniques - by Toverkol - 08-22-2005, 02:43 PM