Mechanics/Stats on proc chances for weapon enchant
So my paladin has obtained his "defensive" weapon, a Hanzo Sword. It is great for what I use it for, which is judging Wisdom and milking it for lots of mana. As a blacksmith, I also can add +8 with a stone, and the DPS is really not too bad. Sometimes when I'm sick of the unpredictability of Seal of Command and my two hander, I'll judge Wisdom, use seal of the crusader, and spam Consecration like mad to keep the DPS up to about the same level as SoC. Swinging every .9 seconds with an 11% chance to hit means my Vengeance is on most of the time, and if I get an add midfight I'm already set up to go conservative and outlast groups.

My casual playstyle indicates I have little chance of ever getting something to replace this (I primarily use two handers anyway), so I'd like to buy a decent enchant for it.

My understanding is that chance to proc weapon enchants (like fiery, lifesteal, and crusader) work just like a paladin seal. That is, they have a set proc per minute stat that will proc basically the same number of times per minute no matter what your weapon speed is.

Can anyone confirm this about these enchantments? I do see people on other boards claiming that fiery, for example, is a straight chance to go off (like a paladin judgment), but I can't trust those sources.

As this is a defensive weapon, I think a lifesteal enchant (especially if it is a straight percentage chance to proc on hit) would be perfect. It is so pricey that it isn't worth it for a secondary weapon.

I wouldn't mind the 30g or so for a fiery enchant, but I need to know what the PPM is to see if it would be better than a +4 on a weapon this fast.

Any enchanters or heavy enchant users care to help clear up my confusion? If these enchants are PPM based (like I think), do we have generally accepted numbers for each of the interesting engame enchants?

Messages In This Thread
Mechanics/Stats on proc chances for weapon enchant - by vor_lord - 05-18-2005, 04:58 PM