Mechanics/Stats on proc chances for weapon enchant
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster.

Two other guild members and I tested the high-end enchants quite extensively.

I dont have the data in front of me but I will give the set-up and the results.
Basicly, we (me, lvl 60 rogue and 2 lvl 60 warriors) equipped an enchanted weapon in the main-hand and a useless-twig-of-no-off-hand-attack in the off-hand. Our target of choice was level 50 turtles in tanaris. We would only use default attack. Each enchant was tested on at least two differant weapon speeds for at least 1500 swings each. We were able, with the data compiled, to come up with a formula to determine the proc rate.

The formula: (weapon speed in seconds) / (X) = Proc percentage.
X is differant for each enchant.
Crusader X=40
Lifesteal X=10
Fiery X=10
Icy chill X=60

For example, an Assassination Blade (2.7 speed) with crusader would proc (2.7) / (40) = 6.75 %.

Follow-up, realistic, testing show the following:

Enchants only proc on hits, never on misses, dodges, or parries.
Enchants can proc on instant attacks.
They will proc on the off-hand weapons (there is a rumor out there that they don't).
Resists on lifesteal (shadow) and fiery (fire) only happen on a regular basis at the MC/Onyxia level.
Crusader procs do not stack, they reset the +100 strength timer to 15 seconds (Still get a full heal)
Icy Chill is, by far, the most useless enchant in the game (20% reduced attack speed for 5 seconds, which is about one less attack, and a hopelessly low proc rate).

Oh, and by the way, +5 damage enchant is BEFORE all modifiers (backstab, mortal stike, ect.). Keep in mind it is also subject to armor reduction as well.

Messages In This Thread
Mechanics/Stats on proc chances for weapon enchant - by Carnifex - 06-18-2005, 07:02 PM