TOP TEN FLYING SAUCER MOVIES OF ALL TIME
Quote:Unintentional thread necromancy aside...

I still can't believe that Forbidden Planet didn't make the original list. I mean, come on! The flying saucer was actually shown in flight, and even had a crew member whoose job title was "Quantum Mechanic". :)

Last night I watched Forbidden Planet. That was one of the coolest flying saucers I have ever seen! And a Death Ray! "Three billion electron volts!" (Which may have had something to do with its relative ineffectiveness against the monster of the Id.)

Unfortunately the chronology of space flight begins with the first manned moon landing in the later decades of the 21st Century. This should not be held against the movie, nor should the fact that the C57D was from earth. After all on the return journey it was piloted by Robby the Robot! Certainly Forbidden Planet should not be disqualified on this point, at least until the aliens come up with superior technology.

Further I was about to comment that Nathan Fillion looks a lot like Leslie Nielsen. Then I read on wikipedia that in Serenity the crew of the Firefly come upon the wreckage of the C57D. Hmmm.

Unfortunately the library copy had a lot of scratches, and two scenes would not play at all. Maybe Forbidden Planet will come out in Blu-ray!

Edit: Duh, I intended "crew of the Serenity," not "crew of the Firefly." But you knew what I meant.

Also, I heard Forbidden Planet is being remade. I only hope the new Robby does not look like a diner.

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."

Messages In This Thread
TOP TEN FLYING SAUCER MOVIES OF ALL TIME - by Doc - 05-12-2005, 10:49 AM
TOP TEN FLYING SAUCER MOVIES OF ALL TIME - by Doc - 05-12-2005, 01:32 PM
RE: TOP TEN FLYING SAUCER MOVIES OF ALL TIME - by Morbeus - 05-17-2014, 06:32 AM
TOP TEN FLYING SAUCER MOVIES OF ALL TIME - by LavCat - 10-07-2009, 05:51 AM
TOP TEN FLYING SAUCER MOVIES OF ALL TIME - by lovejenete - 12-11-2009, 08:57 AM