Couple Quirks
I've noticed a few quirks recently. I get the feeling they all relate to how various data are saved (or not saved, as the case may be) when a level becomes inactive.

The first one is very minor, but I don't recall ever hearing anyone mention it before and it does not appear to be in the buglist. We already know that door traps can reset when you close the door and leave the level, and this is kind of a similar surprise. Sometimes, you manage to kill a monster outright by exploding a barrel next to it or setting off a trap which hits it. These monsters are apparently just "playing possum". If you leave the level and come back, there they are, alive and well. I've seen this happen consistently in multi-solo play. I'm not yet sure what happens if the monster was carrying an item.

The other thing I noticed was more of a nit to the buglist. When you enter a level with gargoyle-type mobs, leave it, and enter again, none of the gargoyle-types are in statue form. In the buglist, this is linked to town portal as a spell-related bug. However, I am pretty sure it happens when taking the stairs as well.

Messages In This Thread
Couple Quirks - by Nystul - 04-17-2005, 07:43 AM
Couple Quirks - by Thecla - 04-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Couple Quirks - by Jarulf - 04-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Couple Quirks - by Nystul - 04-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Couple Quirks - by LemmingofGlory - 04-18-2005, 05:19 AM