Couple Quirks
Thecla,Apr 17 2005, 09:49 AM Wrote:So you could clear the whole lvl and have the barrel/trap killed monsters come back to life when you return? Very strange. What if they're partially damaged by a player and then killed by a barrel? (Not to mention the potential for exploits if they are carrying items. :-P )
But this is what I thought -- just leaving and reentering a lvl in any way activates all the gargolyes, right?

I suppose when you reenter a lvl the game loads its saved state but forgets to deactivate the door traps, kill the barrel-killed monsters (very odd), or deactivate the gargoyles. No doubt Jarulf will explain why, as far as he remembers, that's a hopelessly naive and innacurate scenario.
[right][snapback]74221[/snapback][/right]

The Gargoyle stuff is indeed related to how the game saves the dungeon. Basically, their state is not saved and hence they are just put into normal "unactivated mode". I think the dungeon generation will initially place them also in stone mode, can not recall details though. This is briefely mentioned in my Guide under gargoyles, although I now noted I used the inappropriate word "active". Since adding the AI chapter, this tunrs wrong a bit since they are not really active, just6 not in stone form.

I really have no idea about the monsters not dead. Are you saying that monsters killed by traps won't be dead when you come back?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Messages In This Thread
Couple Quirks - by Nystul - 04-17-2005, 07:43 AM
Couple Quirks - by Thecla - 04-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Couple Quirks - by Jarulf - 04-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Couple Quirks - by Nystul - 04-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Couple Quirks - by LemmingofGlory - 04-18-2005, 05:19 AM