Tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear
My friend is constantly getting PK'd. I have NEVER been PK'd. I tell him the difference between him and myself is perception; I tend to notice not only the monsters but the players also and when I see something I determine to be suspicious, I remove myself from the situation before I end up regretting it. My friend tends to be so focused on the events at hand, that he doesn’t see the danger until its too late.

So here are some tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear (or Blessed Hammers).

1.) If you see a Necromancer in the party, continuously note his location on your map.

2.) If said necromancer is using Bone Spear or spirit, watch its trajectory. If it is headed anywhere near your direction, move to a different area. NEVER be in a bone spear/spirit's line of fire!

3.) If you see a TP go up in the middle of a frenzied battle where everyone is concentrating on the monsters, distance yourself from the TP before the hostile goes off! Chances are it's just someone who got hurt badly and needs to return to town for pots, but he could be using TPPK. No need to take chances when this simple step might save your life.

4.) This goes for all classes: don't party with a level 60+ character when your below level 35 just because he asks you too, especially if your right next to a WP. The 10-second timer, as some of you who have been PK'd probably know, is client side thus can easily be avoided with the right packets. This being said, your safest course of action is just to avoid parting with drastically higher leveled characters, and if you must, try and stay away from WP's while said character is in town.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear - by Taem - 10-03-2004, 08:40 AM
Tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear - by Wyrm - 10-08-2004, 07:03 AM
Tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear - by Guest - 10-26-2004, 12:55 AM
Tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear - by Guest - 10-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Tips to avoid being PK'd by Bone Spear - by Wyrm - 10-27-2004, 06:18 AM