Item Price Calculator
Quote:As far as structure, is there any way to put a "clear" button above both the prefix and suffix box, to simply "clear" whatever affix a person gave the item?
If by 'clear' you mean: set to 'None', than sure, it would be pretty easy.

Quote:Also, I was wondering -- and I'm not sure that this is even possible.  Is there any way you could generate an Item Price Calculator -- just like your present one -- but have it be a (kind of) Mod Makers item price calculator?  Let ALL values of prefixes and suffixes appear on any base so Mod makers would know how much the new Unique items they are crafting are worth?  (Mod makers must set the price of Unique items when they design them.)  Hmmm, and you'd have to allow for up to six affixes, since up to six affixes can appear on a Unique item.  So instead of a "prefix" box and a "suffix" box, you'd have to create six "affix" boxes one after the other.  Ah, and no price caps, of course.
This would be very easy, because then there would be no need to verfiy 'valid' items because there would no longer be invalid ones. All affixs in one drop down menu would be a problem since it would be a very long list - for each of the SIX drop-downs.

Quote:Trouble is, I don't know how "cursed" affixes would affect the price, and lots of Unique items are cursed with reduced light radius and zero all resists and lose life constantly and such.  Would it be possible to figure out how cursed affixes affect item price?
Cursed affixs each have a negative multiplier. The majority of an item's price is found by adding up all the multipliers from each individual affix and then multiplying that figure to the cost of the base item (i.e. FPM = 6500). As you see with most hybrid items, the price range will still be positive, especially with uniques since they will have multiple positive affixs with few negative (cursed) ones.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!

Messages In This Thread
Item Price Calculator - by the Langolier - 08-16-2004, 06:26 PM
Item Price Calculator - by Mystery - 08-19-2004, 08:05 AM
Item Price Calculator - by degrak - 08-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Item Price Calculator - by the Langolier - 08-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Item Price Calculator - by [vL]Kp - 08-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Item Price Calculator - by Attika - 09-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Item Price Calculator - by the Langolier - 10-01-2004, 12:06 AM