single player
Quote:But hey, thats just my opinion.

Thats what a forum is all about opinions. Let me see if I can clear some of this up.
First off I am probly wrong about some this stuff. But I know from testing it seems that drops are not as randam as claimed.
I built three mages and called them test mage 1,2,3 and played till I maxed strength
then built repeated it adding to magic. Leaving strength at starting level. Everytime I got better drops with the mages that I added to strength.

Now I know that since I am not testing on a wide of machines this is not proof of anything.
But it is suggestive.

Quote:This one I really dont understand, unless you mean that because you had a higher mana pool, you were able to cast more spells that are of the same mana cost?

no! I mean the mana cost on my mages that I added only to magic started out less. for instance healing on the mages that I added to strength on started out at 28 and the ones I only added to magic started out at 7.

Quote:Again, not really getting what you mean here. Different setups? Not to mention the fact that a diligent player can max out all of his stats as early as clvl 26 by simply buying strength, dexterity, and magic potions from Adria

W ell lets see if this helps. If I remember right a mages magic tops out around 225. thats what? 45 level ups? at leval 13 I think it was adria offered 1 elixer of magic. She has not had any since. between 13 and 15 I have found three elixers. not much help. pepin has not had elixers for sale.

I want to adjust the magic on my test mage. the strength on my Warrior and dex. on rogue.

Quote:I believe you got this wrong. What your probally talking about is the fact that Vitality is widly regarded as a worthless stat, and points should only be distributed to it after your other stats are maxed. However, it does not mean that you should be able to max your stats at clvl 15. At that point you would have only 75 points for distrubution, which could get a single stat to around 100, depending on which one.

If I remembered it wrong all I can do is apolgize reread it A.S.A.P

But I am not getting much in the way of elixers in my main characters and I am real serious about not restarting them hoping to get bettor luck. Evan though my mage does not have chain lightning and that it tough on level 15.

Quote:I really dont understand what your attempting to "test out" either, espically as a brand new player. What you really should be working on is honing your skills so you know automatically what you should do when confronting a pack of Lava Maws as opposed to a group of Vortex Lords, or any of the many other situations where strategy is far, far more important than your equipment. Remember, this is Diablo 1, not the click-fest that is Diablo 2.

I want to test which is better to my style of fighting " Say for instance higher magic verses higher strength verses a balence of the two.

What got me to thinking about it was level 13. I was down there with my warrior using a good sheild and a lifestealing sword. Was really having a hard time untill I got fedup and through down my sheild and sword and took an ax out of my inventory evan though my armor dropped quite a bit and my damage points lowered I had a lot less of a problam with level 13.

On the other hand with my mage I carried a staff and used magic never evan had a hand to hand encounter. Worked great.

Whether it is my style, My comp, or my luck the differant stats make a big diferance in the game to me. As for as skill thats what my origanal three characters or for. And I will play them straight through without any new game starts to get better drops or shrine hunts.

I do not know If I covered everything. But I hope you understand better what I am talking about.

Quote:Disagree with what? That the freshman diablo articles are excelent resources for players who are new to the game? Not really with you on this one.

It's probly just my style. But I seem to do a lot better when I don't apply the advice I find those 101's.
NO Disrespect ment.

Messages In This Thread
single player - by dvdljns - 07-01-2004, 05:24 AM
single player - by Urza-DSF - 07-01-2004, 05:40 AM
single player - by Thecla - 07-01-2004, 05:43 AM
single player - by dvdljns - 07-01-2004, 08:05 PM
single player - by Urza-DSF - 07-01-2004, 09:04 PM
single player - by LemmingofGlory - 07-01-2004, 10:56 PM
single player - by dvdljns - 07-01-2004, 11:34 PM
single player - by dvdljns - 07-02-2004, 12:17 AM
single player - by LemmingofGlory - 07-02-2004, 12:32 AM
single player - by LemmingofGlory - 07-02-2004, 12:35 AM