"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Commentary on "Bowling for Columbine" -- which highlights what I find offensive about Moore. He has a scorched earth tactic in taking advantage of people's good nature.

Quote:First of all, I want to say I have a love- hate feeling for Michael Moore. I think he means well and he certainly has a big heart which is a huge credit to him (at least I think he does). But I have to admit, I think he over-does it sometimes. A perfect example is the final scene---possible spoilers. Whether you oppose Charlton Heston's beliefs or not( Heston is not a bad guy, we all know that), Moore needs to understand he has rights( and a reputation too). Heston was extremely kind to Moore by allowing him into his own home and give him his time, which is a credit to Heston. I feel Moore only took advantage of the situation by "badgering" him to succumb to his questions. He tried to make Heston look bad in his own home. Then he used that pitiful "Heston doesn't care" angle as he slowly left Moore and walked away. This effect didn't work on me- all I thought about was "leave this guy alone". Hey Moore, I'm fed up with all the violence too and I'm sick to my stomach over that little girl. But show a little dignity and respect to people that are only being kind to you. Anyone else feel this way?  Thanks.

Was Heston, or Dick Clark, or the K-mart employee responsible for the little girls death? Or, was it a crack dealing uncle who left his loaded weapons laying around?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by kandrathe - 05-24-2004, 06:21 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM