"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
Like Al Franken, probably. That's fair. Ann Coulter regularly calls for violence and legal action against "traitors", by which she explicitly means liberals. Not the same category, sorry. Mike may be radical, but he's never advocated anything even close to that level. Taking the government from conservative extremists through democratic means is rather different than "physical intimidation" to prevent "outright treason".

"I would draw a distinction between viewers, fans, and true believers."

So would I. But you didn't. The movies clearly have enormous appeal. They are not merely being touted and watched by some tiny, sycophantic segment of the population. Nor are they only being appreciated by that segment. The same goes for his enormously well-selling books. You were trying to imply some kind of cult following, whereas he has clearly hit the mainstream in force. Perfectly ordinary, reasonable people see value in his movies, even if they don't agree with his main point. So, with that being the case, what's the value of your statement? I can't see any, except to artificially imply a marginalization which doesn't actually exist, something easily demonstrated by a cursory look at the crowds his movies draw. Call him wrong, fine, but this is not some sycophantic commie writing pamphlets for the already converted.

Jester

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Jester - 05-24-2004, 10:24 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM